Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin carving

First I wanted to start with a little update on Porter. He is officially the most spoiled lab I know. Honestly I never even liked animals growing up, so I am sure it's a pretty big surprise to my family, that I treat Porter as well as I do. I guess it's just different when its really "your own" dog, or maybe I have grown up a bit and I am not quite so selfish :). Anyways he is hilarious, and he is getting so big. Its so funny to see him and his brother Duder (Zack's Dog). They have definitely developed their own personalities.. I think we'd all say Duder is a little more serious, and Porter is the "floppy" one. Porter tends to prance when we walks :) and Duder has to balance it out and protect their reputation on the block by acting like a "real dog". Porter has also become accustomed to the "house". I don't think he'd last a minute in the real outside world. The picture below is very telling of his personality. He won't lay down on the ground with out a pillow, and it has to be one from the couch. His nice comfy "dog" bed is sitting 6 inches outside the picture, but he'd rather wait for a pillow to fall off the couch. Jason and I don't care though, we love our Porter!!


On Friday Duffy kept Mickduff's open for us late and we all came and carved pumpkins for Halloween. It was so fun.









Here they are all lined up on the bar!!
As for today, we've been laying low because Jason's been sick. Hope he feels better soon...
Heidi Nees

1 comment:

  1. I love how spoiled Porter is-He's so cute, and I know exactly how you feel! Your pumpkins all look great, too!

    ReplyDelete