We're moving to Seattle! Jason and I both got new jobs and we start at the end of September. There is so much to do before we leave. Find a house, finish our time at our current jobs, sell our house, oh the list goes on and on.
To say we have mixed feelings about the move would be an understatement. We are thrilled about the career opportunity and living closer to some family. But, we are really sad to leave the place we started our life together and to leave all the wonderful friends that we have made here. Although Seattle is only a 36 minute flight to Spokane it's going to be hard not to live close to our family in Spokane. My Sister and Ryan's numerous weekend trips will just require a plane now. (I'm sure Simon will love the flight).
The hardest thing about leaving Sandpoint is probably the obvious... Zack and Kate. Kate has become a sister to us and it's not too often that you see the kind of relationship that Zack and Jason have. I immediately cry whenever anyone talks to me about it. We have been so lucky to live so close for as long as we have. But, I know it will be hard not to see them everyday.
The adventure Jason and I are about to take is so exciting and we are so thankful for all the support our friends and family have given to us while making this decision. (especially our parents.. thank you for being so excited for us)
Here's to hoping Porter loves Seattle and Seattle loves him!
More details to come, when we find 3 seconds to figure out what we are doing!
Here's the picture our niece Claire sent us to welcome us to Seattle!
Wow! How exciting!! I can't wait to read updates and see how things are going for you three (Porter included)!!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! I know how you are feeling! We had all those same feeling/things to do when we moved to Montana. Luckly we had a few extra months to get everthing ready. Just know that you will find somewhere to live & you will find something to do with your house. It all works out in the end, it always does. Good luck!!
ReplyDeletehow exciting!! hope you keep up your blog! enjoy this next chapter in your lives!
ReplyDeleteThat is super exciting Heidi! Would love to grab lunch or something and catch up when you guys settle in! Welcome to Seattle :)
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited you are moving closer! Maybe now we'll get to see you guys! Take in a few games or something!! Congrats on the new jobs!!
ReplyDelete