Thursday, February 13, 2014

Being a stay at home mom... What!!!

Anyone who has seen me in the last 8 months knows firsthand how hard going back to work was for me... 

I always dreamed of bring able to stay home with our baby.  Tomorrow that becomes a reality.  

I went back to work when Sylvia was 4 months old, and we knew it was going to be difficult.  I work long hours and have a relatively long commute.  Jason took on most of this burden.  He left work at 4 everyday to pick Sylvia up, do dinner time, bath and usually bedtime.  Then finished his work in the evenings.

I don't need to go into more detail, anyone who has kids and went back to work knows the balancing act we've been perfecting over the last 4 months.  

In the end we knew, for our family, both of us working the kind of jobs we have was not a long term solution.  

I've been so blessed in my career.  I've learned so much about myself.  I've surprised myself with my success and it's given me confidence that I hope I can pass down to Sylvia.  

Jason has been my biggest cheerleader as I worked these past 8 years and he's been so supportive of the decision to stay home.  I'm reminded a million times over, that I married the perfect man.

So my last day at work is tomorrow.  Is part of me going to miss working outside the home? Yes.  Will I work in some capacity again? Absolutely.  But for now I get to spend my time living out my biggest dream.  


1 comment: