Friday, August 14, 2009

Nees fishing trip 2009

Jason, Zack, Matt and their dad went on their annual fishing trip to Canada. Porter and Duder were able to go as well. It was the first trip across the border. They got their health checks clear at the vet, and off they went to fish with their dads. They all seemed to have a great time. Here are a few pictures



I also traveled to LA and San Francisco for work this past week and now Jason is off to Seattle for his bachelor party this weekend... I feel like I haven't seen Jason in 2 weeks!!

I am not sure if I mentioned about a month ago Porter had a really hard run in with a deck. He was not phased and did not seem hurt at the time. A few days later we noticed a large bump on the the top of his head. We didn't think anything of it until the bump did not go away after about a week. We were concerned so we took him to the vet. The vet thought it was a little weird so he took some X rays and found nothing too alarming. He said, he thought it was a goose egg and would go down in a few days. Well its been almost a month since the accident and the bump has not gone down at all. We decided to take Porter into another vet to see if we could figure out what was wrong with him. I mean this bump is HUGE..... So to make a long story short...
Jason, Porter and I found out some sad news at the vet today.... Porter fractured his left frontal lobe bone. (I hope I got that right) the bone right over his sinus. The doctor has never seen anything like it.... the doctor hopes that it will heal and that the bump will then go away. We will continue to watch him closely and if the bump gets any bigger or does not go down they may have to do some sort of surgery!! It was a very sad day. Poor little guy.... We did learn something positive though... Porter is one tough dog. The Doctor said he is lucky he didn't kill himself. He didn't even cry when he had his accident, he was a little stunned but was up and running around the yard with his friend kizzy in no time!

post signature

1 comment: