Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Baking project #1

So tonight was Kate and my first baking project..... Apple & Strawberry Pie... mmmm!

We picked this recipe to be our first for a couple reasons:

1. Kate was excited to use her new Kitchen aid mixer, isn't it great?
2. I wanted to use my new Apple peeler and Corer
3. Every good baker or Bakette :) must know how to make a good pie!!

The pie crust turned out perfect.... now if we could only figure out how to make those perfect little waves on edge of the crust... (we have so much to learn :)

Look at how great the Apple peeler and Corer is !!!




Cooking the filling for the pie, Yum!


The Finished product!




The pie tasted soo good!

Tonight's recipe turned out great, not any big hiccups. I guess thats a good way to start a new project, with a little success to get us motivated :)
We asked our taste testers for a few Quotes:
Jason: "I am so amazed by the consistency of the filling. Probably the best I've seen"
Porter and Duder: "wish we could have some..... guess we'll just take some ice cubes"
Up next, New years Eve and then our new tradition Sunday dinner at the Nees'
"What should we make??... So many choices!!"
Heidi Nees

1 comment:

  1. So impressed! :) Looks delicious! I have yet to take our kitchen aid out of the box since our wedding... oops!

    ReplyDelete